top of page

Student Group

Public·84 members
Arthur Shilov
Arthur Shilov

Harmony One Remote Software 15

The Harmony software will guide you through entering the manufacturer and model numbers of your home devices so Harmony understands how to control them. It then helps you create Activities (or scenes) so you're only one-button away from watching television or playing a game.

harmony one remote software 15

That's it! When you sync, Harmony will transfer these settings to your remote. When you first use your remote control, you will see a tutorial screen. To exit the screen, tap on the X on the right. To never show the tutorial screen again, tap on the box on the top left and then tap on the X on the right.

Unlike other universal remotes that may control devices individually, Harmony controls an Activity such as Watching TV or Playing a Game. You don't need to choose which device you want to control. Start your Watch TV Activity and your volume will automatically control the stereo, and channels will automatically change your TV or cable/satellite box. Watch this video to learn more.

To help keep your Harmony in sync with your devices, avoid turning your television, cable/satellite box and other devices on and off manually or by using their original remote control. If something didn't turn on then use the help feature.

Using Logitech Harmony Remote legacy software on macOS 10.15+ requires a system software extension from Logitech Inc. to be enabled. If this is not allowed, the Harmony software will not be able to connect and communicate with your Harmony remote.

There are times that you may wish to create your own macro, or string together a sequence of button presses into the single push of one button. You may want the ability to navigate your TV menu to enable closed captioning with a single button press, or change a sound setting in a hidden menu on your stereo receiver. You can do this by setting up a sequence on your Harmony remote. A sequence allows your Harmony remote to send up to 5 commands with one button press.

Where will I see sequences on the remote? For instance I want something to let me chnage quickly to the DirecTV on Demoand channel of 1000. So I programmed a sequence for the DTV Receiver to enter channel number 1000. How do I access that sequence now that I added it?

We also tested a couple of simple, large-button remotes designed for people with vision, memory, or confusion issues, and we recommend the Flipper, which is an IR-only remote that can control a TV and set-top box. You can read more about it here.

If, on the other hand, your home-entertainment system is built around an AV receiver and multiple source components, and sitting down to watch a movie or play a video game requires shuffling among several remotes to switch inputs and control multiple components simultaneously, a universal remote is exactly what you need.

To test the remotes, I set up each one to control two different AV systems in my home: One is a more-basic living-room setup with a Samsung TV, Polk soundbar, and Apple TV 4K media player. The second is a more-complex home-theater system with an LG TV, Onkyo AV receiver, Sony Ultra HD Blu-ray player, Chromecast with Google TV, and Xbox One X. The equipment consists of a mix of traditional IR devices, Bluetooth devices, and some Wi-Fi smart-home lighting and temperature items from Lutron and Honeywell. My family lives with each remote for a while to see how intuitive and reliable each is to use on a daily basis.

Universal Remote Control (the company) used to offer a variety of good DIY remotes, but it now focuses on the professional-installation market. You can still find some older DIY URC remotes online, but at elevated prices.